Top Things to Know About NFLPA’s Top 50 Player Sales List through Regular Season
For a second straight quarter, Tom Brady remains No. 1 on the NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List, based on total sales of all officially licensed NFL player merchandise from March 1 through November 30, 2018, the most up-to-date, comprehensive sales standings currently available.
The list is the only verified ranking of all officially licensed, NFL player-branded merchandise sold from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by over 70 NFLPA licensees such as Nike, Fanatics, Outerstuff, Fathead, McFarlane Toys, FOCO, Wincraft, Funko and more. Licensed product categories include men’s, women’s and youth game jerseys and T-shirts, player murals, collectible figures, matted and framed photos, bobbleheads, drinkware, calendars puzzles and holiday ornaments, among others.
The Top 10 among all officially licensed product sold:
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Kansas City Chiefs
- Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Deshaun Watson, QB, Houston Texans
- Khalil Mack, LB, Chicago Bears
View complete list here
Below are highlights from the latest rankings, including sales results during the 2018 football season:
- This is Tom Brady's 14th appearnce among the top three since the launch of the NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List in 2014. He has never ranked outside the top nine, and is the only player to top the NFLPA’s quarterly list seven different times – including twice as year-end retail king.
- Dak Prescott (No. 2) and Ezekiel Elliott (No. 4) of the Dallas Cowboys have occupied three of the top four spots on the last seven Top 50 Player Lists.
- Patrick Mahomes II made a historic climb to No. 7 from No. 42 on the second quarter list, a jump of 35 spots. This is the first time he has appeared in the top 10.
- Five rookies appeared in the Top 50, led by Saquon Barkley (No. 3), Baker Mayfield (No. 26), Sam Darnold (No. 40), Josh Allen (No. 46) and Leighton Vander Esch (No. 47).
- Overall, 20 of the top 50 players and six of the top 10 play quarterback, the most among any position in overall licensed product sales. Wide receivers accounted for 10 spots on the list, with Antonio Brown the highest ranked (No. 8), while running backs occupied nine slots, with Barkley representing the best-selling at that position (No. 3). On the defensive side, eight players made the list, with Khalil Mack the highest ranked (No. 10).
- Michael Thomas and Aaron Donald jumped from the 2018 NFLPA Rising Stars List to the overall Top 50 list at No. 48 and 49, respectively. Rising Stars rankings consider on-field performances, early demand from partners, fantasy league popularity and new faces in strong markets as factors for sales popularity analysis.
- Female fans are trendsetters when it comes to Mayfield and Mahomes II as the rising young stars led sales of all women’s apparel from G-III Apparel Group.
- Brady, Carson Wentz, Barkley, Odell Beckham, Jr. and Aaron Rodgers ranked top 5 in youth apparel from Outerstuff. Mack ranked No. 9, the highest of any defensive player.
- Penn State fans again powered the former Nittany Lion star Barkley to the top of collegiate co-branded wall decal sales by Fathead.
- Among sales of collegiate co-branded jerseys from Under Armour, Mahomes’ Texas Tech jersey led all players.
- Brady, Mahomes II, Prescott and Adam Thielen sold the most big head cutouts from Build-A-Head.
- Three quarterbacks ranked among the top 10 in headwear from New Era, with Prescott selling twice as much as Brady and Brees.
- Mahomes II unseated Russell Wilson as best seller of licensed novelty products from Wincraft.
- Brady and Rodgers sold the most player jigsaw puzzles by MasterPieces.
- Beckham, Jr. led sales of cake toppers from DecoPac for a second straight quarter, followed by Brady and Antonio Brown.
- Matt Ryan was the leader of player ornament sales this holiday season by Hallmark.