Drug Policies & Resources
Learn our policies and make sure you stay in the game.
To stay on top of your game and on the field, know the NFL Policies on Substances of Abuse and Performance Enhancing Substances. Questions? Email Amber Cargill.
Please note the following important updates about offseason testing for both the Performance Enhancing Substances and Substances of Abuse policies.
Testing During Travel
- Your travel will not interrupt your testing.
- The Substances of Abuse policy requires players WHO ARE IN THE PROGRAM to inform Drug Free Sport of any change in location, new contact information, or travel plans. Call Drug Free Sport at (800) 683-9173.
- Testing WILL be conducted at international locations and players are still required to comply with testing while traveling internationally.
The testing time limits are the same as if you were in the US. If you are in the SOA program, you will have four hours to provide a specimen. If you are selected for a PES test, you will have twenty-fours hours to provide a specimen
- If you provide false or misleading information regarding your international travel, you will be in violation of the Program and may be disciplined.
- If you are traveling internationally you MUST provide the dates of your travel to each location as well as a street address and telephone number where you can be reached at all times.
- You also MUST keep copies of travel documentation for four months after your trip. Travel documents include boarding passes, hotel and meal receipts and/or other forms of proof that you traveled.
Call 614 620-6052 for login help.
Performance Enhancing Substances (PES)
- Policy on Performance-Enhancing Substances
- Banned Substances
- Banned Companies
- Offseason PES Testing Memo
- Supplements Memo
- Weight Reduction Products Memo
- Male Enhancement Products Memo
- PES Annual Tests
- Photo ID for PES Testing
- Updating Contact Information on the PES Website
- Product Warnings
- Trident Creatine Warning: Contains Banned Substances
Substance of Abuse (SOA)
Get assistance obtaining your username and password or change location by calling (800) 683-9173.
SYNTHETIC CANNABINOIDS are PROHIBITED and have been added to the tests under the SOA Policy. Using any level of these substances (commonly known as synthetic weed, K-2, Spice, etc.) will likely cause a positive test result. A positive test for these substances will likely lead to advancement to the next stage in the Program and discipline.
Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)
If you have been or are seeking to be treated by a physician with a banned substance for any condition (including ADD/ADHD, male pattern baldness, hypertension, hypogonadism, or hypopituitarism), you must have your physician file a TUE application with the Independent Administrator. If you test positive for a prohibited substance without having been granted a TUE, it will constitute a positive test and will be referred for administrative action.