List is the only verified ranking of all officially licensed NFL player branded merchandise sold by over 70 NFLPA licensees via online and traditional outlets
Highlights from March 1 through May 31, 2018, include a pair of Philadelphia quarterbacks in the top 3, Saquon Barkley topping jersey sales, 13 players debuting on overall list, Jimmy Garoppolo cracking the top 10 for the first time, new best-selling names across variety of product including bobbleheads, youth apparel, socks, Fathead wall decals, pet products, collectibles, cake decorations and more
The Top Ten among all licensed product sold:
- Nick Foles, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
- Carson Wentz, QB, Philadelphia Eagles
- Saquon Barkley, RB, New York Giants
- Dak Prescott, QB, Dallas Cowboys
- Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Dallas Cowboys
- Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, San Francisco 49ers
- Odell Beckham Jr., WR, New York Giants
- Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
- 10 players from the 2018 NFLPA Rising Stars List jumped to the overall Top 50 list including five rookies – Saquon Barkley (#4), Sam Darnold (#20), Baker Mayfield (#30), Josh Allen (# 38) and Shaquem Griffin (#43) – and five veterans – Leonard Fournette (#17), Jalen Ramsey (#19), Alvin Kamara (#35), Derrick Henry (#40) and Patrick Mahomes (#50).
- In addition to the 10 players from the NFLPA’s Rising Stars, three other players debuted on the Top 50 Player Sales List including– Brandon Graham (#34), Fletcher Cox (#46) and LeGarrette Blount (#49).
- Nick Foles led all players in overall sales of licensed merchandise, while teammate Carson Wentz finished the first quarter in the #3 spot. Foles’ previous highest ranking was #18 in the third quarter of 2015. Philadelphia’s passionate fan base powered seven players to finishes among the Top 50 including Foles (#1), Wentz (#3), Zach Ertz (#13), Alshon Jeffery (#33), Brandon Graham (#34), Fletcher Cox (#46) and LeGarrette Blount (#49).
- In a quarter dominated by six quarterbacks in the top 10, including Nick Foles leading the group for the first time in his career, the San Francisco 49ers’ Jimmy Garoppolo made his debut among the top 10 best sellers at the #8 spot.
- Running back Saquon Barkley sold the most jerseys of any playerby a wide margin. Following Barkley in the top 10 was Carson Wentz, Tom Brady, Nick Foles, Dak Prescott, Aaron Rodgers, Jimmy Garoppolo, Ezekiel Elliott, Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota.
- Tom Brady (#1) led all players in youth jersey sales from adidas, Outerstuff, Fanatics and Nike, followed by Saquon Barkley, Carson Wentz, Odell Beckham Jr., Jimmy Garoppolo, Antonio Brown, Rob Gronkowski, Sam Darnold, Von Miller and Russell Wilson.
- Among sales of collegiate co-branded jerseys from adidas, Fanatics and Nike, Tom Brady’s Michigan jersey led all followed by Braxton Berrios (University of Miami) and #1 overall draft pick, Baker Mayfield (University of Oklahoma).
- Football fans can’t go without socks. Especially in New England. In fact, Tom Brady sold nearly triple the number of licensed player socks from Strideline, Freaker and FBF Originals than the next closest player, Antonio Brown
- Tom Brady, Ezekiel Elliott, Nick Foles, Odell Beckham Jr. and Carson Wentz collectively led sales in licensed headwear from LIDS and New Era.
- Philadelphia fans supported their team on the road to a championship – and retail dominance. Eleven players among the top 15 best-sellers of bobbleheads from Forever Collectibles were Eagles.
- New England Patriots fans’ adoration for Tom Brady extends to… pets. Brady ranked #1 in pet accessories and apparel from Pets First.
- For Philadelphia Eagles teammates Nick Foles and Carson Wentz, pictures are worth more than a thousand words as fans powered the duo to #1 and #2, respectively, in photo products by Photo File and Highland Mint.
- Tom Brady, Stefon Diggs, Jason Witten, Aaron Rodgers and Rob Gronkowski appeared in a lot of backyards during the first quarter as these five players ranked as top sellers of cornhole boards by Victory Tailgate and Wild Sports.
- Tom Brady, Odell Beckham Jr., Carson Wentz, Antonio Brown and Ezekiel Elliott were fan favorites in sales of removable wall decals from Fathead.
- Seven Patriots topped sales of puzzles by licensee Masterpieces, led by Tom Brady, who was joined in the top 10 by teammates Julian Edelman, Devin McCourty, Rob Gronkowski, Nate Solder, Dion Lewis and Marcus Cannon.
- Dak Prescott was #1 in player-branded reloadable debit and credit cards by CARD.com in the first quarter.
- Odell Beckham Jr. led sales in cake decorations by DecoPac.