The Carolina Panthers partnered with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts in using group player rights to create a player cup series that drove beverage sales for their season-long discount program.
Objective: Drive the QSR retailer’s drink sales, build customer’s existing loyalty program and capitalize on existing Panthers Win Mondays discount program.
Sponsor: Krispy Kreme
- 144,000 player cups were produced
- With six (6) designs, a new player cup was released every 2 weeks
- The successful partnership has lasted four consecutive years, with plans for renewal next season with a focus on coffee sales.
- The promotion was geo-targeted towards Facebook and Twitter posts to reach in-market fans, specifically, to promote their customer reward database, Friends of Krispy Kreme Database.
- Collectable player cup series has driven sales for the local NC and SC market area.
Tags Marketing Strategy